Online Food Safety At Work
Food Safety At Work provides the skills and knowledge on how to comply with food safety, identify food hazards, prevent food contamination and personal hygiene standards.
This course includes non-accredited content with the addition of the following nationally accredited unit(s):
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
What will you learn?
- Learn about personal hygiene and cleaning practices to prevent contamination of food
- Develop the skills to identify and control food hazards
- Understand relevant food safety laws, standards and codes
- Develop skills using hands-on food preparation techniques
|Day 1 (AEST/AEDT)||Session|
|10:30am – 1:30pm||Real time instructor led training session via video conference|
|1: 30pm – 2:00pm||Break|
|2:00pm – 3:00pm||Complete online eLearning activities and view demonstrations via Learning Management System|
|Day 2 (AEST/AEDT)||Session|
|Allotted time||Assessment activities via video conference – your assessment time will be provided on Day 1.|
Digital Badge – Online Food Safety At Work
Upon successful completion, you will earn a recognised Training U For Work microcredential which is a great addition to your resume and can be verified by an employer anywhere, any time!
Upon successful completion, a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment will be issued for the following units of competency:
- SITXFSA001 – Use hygienic practices for food safety
You will be assessed through out the training sessions, and will be required to demonstrate the knowledge and skills to gain competency over three assessments:
- A short quiz
- A practical task based completed via video conference by your trainer 1:1
- A case study
When you study with genU Training, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledge and skills to achieve your chosen course. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
There are no entry requirements for this course. You can apply for this course now.
During your study, you will need to meet specific requirements that are necessary for you to complete your course work and be successful:
1. Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Students will need to demonstrate that they have the appropriate language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills
2. Your time
The Online Food Safety At Work is a two day commitment. Please ensure you allow time for yourself to be available for each day
3. Your agreement
Please note this training will be recorded for video assessment evidence
4. Your equipment
- Hand washing basin
- Hand soap
- Chopping board
- Paper towel
- Rubbish bin
Variety of produce including:
- A meat product
5. Your workstation
Make sure you have a suitable area to complete your training
e.g. Desk/table, comfortable chair, no tripping hazards and room to move around for assessment.
Make sure you’ve got access to water/tea/coffee (you will also get a lunch break)
6. Your setup
Your training can be completed anywhere you have access to data/Wifi on a Desktop Computer, Laptop, Tablet or Mobile Phone.
You will need to download & have access to Zoom (video conference software) prior to your training, this will allow you to login to your ‘live’ training sessions, you can do this by searching Zoom in:
- App Store on your IPhone/IPad/MacBook
- Google Play on your Android phone/tablet
- Copy & Paste the following link on your laptop or desktop computer web browser: https://zoom.us/download
Please note: You will need access to turn your Camera and Microphone on as required when using video conference
You must complete your online enrolment to gain access to the Learning Management System (LMS) online learning login details
What you will get from us
An email from us 24 hours prior to your training, this email will include:
- A link for you to click on that will automatically open your Zoom app and take you to your ‘live’ training session on the day of your training. Please ensure you click this link 10 minutes prior to your training start time
- Instructions of how to login to the LMS to complete your online learning activities and view demonstrations
Australian residents can access this course via our full fee for service rate.
|Fee For Service|
|$AUD 145.00 (per person)|
* Course costs may vary subject to location and equipment requirements
There may also be other charges such as material or amenities fees. A genU Training staff member will assist you in determining your course fees and a statement of fees detailing all course charges will be provided prior to enrolment.
For full details of genU Training’s course fees please view our Fees & Charges page.
genU Training offer Online Food Safety At Work, in the following format:
Virtual Training Room (day) – Study in real time online with instructor-led sessions via video conferencing, supplemented with guided activities via the Learning Management System (eLearning)
2 consecutive days (11:30am – 4:00pm AEST/AEDT)