|Course Length||Half day (4 hours)|
|Study Mode||On-campus (day)|
Is your MHFA Accreditation about to expire?
Whether you are an Accredited MHFAider or simply wanting to do the course to renew your knowledge or skills, the Mental Health First Aid Refresher course is for you.
An Accredited MHFAider is someone who has either completed a 12 or 14-hour Mental Health First Aid Course or completed the online assessment at the end of the Mental Health First Aid Course – this course is designed to extend your accreditation by a further 3 years.
This course will provide:
- An updated manual and updates
- Refresher of the AGLEE model
- Supporting the ongoing role of Mental Health First Aiders
When you study with genU Training, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledge and skills to achieve your chosen course. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- must be 18 years of age and over
- must have previously been accredited in Youth Mental Health First Aid within the past three (3) years.
During your study, you will need to meet specific requirements that are necessary for you to complete your course work and be successful:
- Access to digital technologies (e.g. laptop, desktop, tablet-computer and/or smartphone) with basic digital literacy skills
- Students will need to demonstrate that they have the appropriate language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills
- Effective communication, documentation and research skills
This course contains content, concepts and scenarios that some individuals may find distressing. Please consider your personal resilience and any potential emotional triggers when participating in this course and in any future employment in this field.
- Ensuring you have someone to talk to about the content if you need to
- Contact phone numbers for counselling and crisis services
- Information about what to do if you begin to feel upset during the training.
Victorian residents can access this course via our full fee for service rate.
|Fee For Service|
|$AUD 175.00 (incl. GST)|
There may also be other charges such as material or amenities fees. A genU Training staff member will assist you in determining your course fees and a statement of fees detailing all course charges will be provided prior to enrolment.
For full details of genU Training’s course fees please view our Fees & Charges page.
genU Training offer Youth Mental Health First Aid Refresher, in the following format:
On-campus (day) – Study face to face (in a classroom setting)
Half day (4 hours)
Not the course you were looking for?
We understand that this may not be the course for you.
So take a look at the other industry leading courses that we have on offer across a wide range of industries all across Australia.View other First Aid courses