Responsible Service of Alcohol
Help ensure the safe consumption of alcohol. Face-to-face RSA training is mandatory for licensees and staff selling, offering or serving liquor for general, on-premises, late night and packaged liquor licences
Keeping the lid on liquor. Learn the skills and knowledge required to responsibly sell or serve alcohol.
Those selling or serving alcohol may include:
- Food and beverage attendants
- Packaged liquor sales
- Persons selling in person, over the phone or online
- Winery, brewery and distillery cellar door staff
- Supplier sales representatives.
The course also applies to security staff who monitor customer behaviour and to the licensee who is ultimately responsible for responsible service of alcohol (RSA) management.
What will you learn?
- Problems associated with excessive consumption
- Alcohol and the law
- The question of who is responsible for RSA
- Facts about alcohol
- Improving the atmosphere of your premises
- Handling difficult customers.
- Assessment will include an multiple choice quiz on completion of the training.
Upon successful completion, a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment will be issued for the following units of competency:
For courses delivered in Victoria
Students will be able to complete the additional unit:
- SITHFAB002 Provide responsible service of alcohol
Victorian students who successfully complete the Responsible Service of Alcohol (SITHFAB002), will received a statement of attainment for the unit of competency and in addition will be presented with a VCGLR branded RSA certificate.
Please note this RSA certificate is only valid in the state of Victoria. You need to complete an RSA refresher course every three years to maintain your training requirements.
When you study with genU Training, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledge and skills to achieve your chosen course. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- A person under the age of 18 can complete an approved RSA training course but must wait until they turn 18 to use it
- Current Photo ID (eg: Drivers license, Keypass ID card, Passport)
During your study, you will need to meet specific requirements that are necessary for you to complete your course work and be successful:
- Students will need to demonstrate that they have the appropriate language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills
While students and other visitors attending onsite (excluding paid or volunteer workers) are no longer required to show evidence that they have received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccination, those undertaking placements must continue to adhere to the vaccination mandate that applies to their sector and/or their placement host.
Victorian residents can access this course via our full fee for service rate.
|Fee For Service|
|$AUD 75.00 (per person)|
* Course costs may vary subject to location and equipment requirements
There may also be other charges such as material or amenities fees. A genU Training staff member will assist you in determining your course fees and a statement of fees detailing all course charges will be provided prior to enrolment.
For full details of genU Training’s course fees please view our Fees & Charges page.
genU Training offer Responsible Service of Alcohol, in the following format:
On-campus (day) – Study face to face (in a classroom setting)
One day (9:30am – 4:00pm)