|Course Title||ACFE - Ready Set Work|
|Course Length||4 days|
|Study Mode||On-campus (day) or virtual training room (day)|
Enhance your job readiness
Are you preparing yourself for entering the job market? This pre-accredited course will give you an understanding of the needs and expectations of employers, equip you with accurate information about different employment/career options, and provide you with the skills required for seeking appropriate employment in your chosen field(s).
What will you learn?
During this course, you will learn about:
- Work and career options
- Workplace expectations and employability skills
- Employment types
- Industry and employment opportunities
- Employment/work placement application process – job search skills, resume and application letter writing, responding to key selection criteria, interview tips and techniques and networking/cold canvassing.
When you study with genU Training, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledge and skills to achieve your goal. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Basic computer skills
- Must be:
- an Australian Citizen; or
- a holder of an Australian permanent visa; or
- a New Zealand citizen; and
- not enrolled in a secondary school.
- Limited to Victorian residents living in the following local government areas:
- Greater Geelong City Council – Victoria
- Wyndham City Council – Victoria
- Ballarat City Council – Victoria
- Present a current and valid green Medicare card on the first day of training
During your study, you will need to meet specific requirements that are necessary for you to complete your course work and be successful:
- Students will need to demonstrate that they have the appropriate language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills
- Access to digital technologies (e.g. laptop, desktop, tablet-computer and/or smartphone) with basic digital literacy skills.
Students undertaking a blended and/or online virtual training will require the additional digital skills and technologies:
Digital literacy skills – Intermediate computer skills such as internet browsing, email, word processing, and presentation software
- Stable internet connection with suitable data plan
- A laptop, desktop or a full size tablet / tablet-computer
- Web camera / microphone
- Smartphone with charger
- Earphones / headphones / speakers
- Printer (optional)
- Have a quiet / non-interruptive space to complete their studies
- Desk/table, comfortable chair, no tripping hazards and room to move around for assessment
- Access to water/tea/coffee
Browser software – Access to one of the following internet browsers, available to download from:
Video conferencing software (Zoom) – Access to video conferencing software (Zoom), available to download from:
Please note: You will need access to turn your Web camera and microphone on, as required when using video conference
This course is delivered with ACFE (Adults, Community and Further Education) funding and is free to eligible individuals.
genU Training acknowledges the support of the Victorian Government.
For full details of genU Training’s course fees please view our Fees & Charges page.
genU Training offer Ready Set Work in the following format:
On-campus (day) – Study face to face (in a classroom setting)
2 days per week over 2 weeks (9:30am – 4pm) – Werribee Campus
Virtual Training Room (day) – Study in real time online with instructor-led sessions via video conferencing.
2 days per week over 2 weeks (9:30am – 4pm) – Corio Campus
Not the course you were looking for?
We understand that this may not be the course for you.
So take a look at the other industry leading courses that we have on offer across a wide range of industries all across Australia.View other Short Courses courses