Pathway to Community Services
Understanding people is at the heart of Community Services, so what better way to start your journey into this space than by learning how to connect with the individuals that Community Services organisations support.
CHCDIV001 Work with diverse people, is a nationally accredited unit of competency that is embedded in many qualifications. Upon successful completion of this unit, you can gain a credit in one of many qualification pathways available.
The choice is yours.
What will you learn?
This nationally accredited unit is designed to develop your skills and knowledge required to work respectfully with people from diverse social and cultural groups and situations, including Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people. Learning content includes:
- Reflecting on own perspectives
- Appreciate diversity and inclusiveness, and their benefits
- Communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and situations
- Promote understanding across diverse groups
What could you study next?
- CHC32015 Certificate III in Community Services
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
- CHC42015 Certificate IV in Community Services
- CHC43115 Certificate IV in Disability
- CHC43315 Certificate IV in Mental Health
- CHC43415 Certificate IV in Leisure and Health
Digital Badge – Pathway to Community Services
Upon successful completion, you will earn a recognised Training U For Work microcredential which is a great addition to your resume and can be verified by an employer anywhere, any time!
Satisfactory completion of assessments during this course will result in a statement of attainment for the accredited unit:
Units of competency
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
When you study with genU Training, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledge and skills to achieve your chosen course. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- There are no entry requirements for this unit of competency. You can apply for this course now.
During your study, you will need to meet specific requirements that are necessary for you to complete your course work and be successful:
- Students will need to demonstrate that they have the appropriate language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills
- Effective communication, documentation and research skills
- Access to digital technologies (e.g. laptop, desktop, tablet-computer and/or smartphone) with basic digital literacy skills.
Students undertaking a blended and/or online virtual training will require the additional digital skills and technologies:
Digital literacy skills – Intermediate computer skills such as internet browsing, email, word processing, and presentation software
- Stable internet connection with suitable data plan
- A laptop, desktop or a full size tablet / tablet-computer
- Web camera / microphone
- Smartphone with charger
- Earphones / headphones / speakers
- Printer (optional)
- Have a quiet / non-interruptive space to complete their studies
- Desk/table, comfortable chair, no tripping hazards and room to move around for assessment
- Access to water/tea/coffee
Browser software – Access to one of the following internet browsers, available to download from:
Video conferencing software (Zoom) – Access to video conferencing software (Zoom), available to download from:
Please note: You will need access to turn your Web camera and microphone on, as required when using video conference
Australian residents can access this course via our full fee for service rate.
|Fee For Service|
|$AUD $495.00 (per person)|
* Course costs may vary subject to location and equipment requirements
There may also be other charges such as material or amenities fees. A genU Training staff member will assist you in determining your course fees and a statement of fees detailing all course charges will be provided prior to enrolment.
For full details of genU Training’s course fees please view our Fees & Charges page.
genU Training offer Pathway to Community Services, in the following format:
Virtual Training Room (day) – Study in real time online with instructor-led sessions via video conferencing, supplemented with guided activities via the Learning Management System (eLearning). Work based assessment tasks either in real-time via video-link or recorded video.
Time zones: Courses are delivered from AEST/AEDT time zone