|Course Title||VCGLR - RSA|
|Course Length||1 day (9:30am - 3:00pm)|
|Study Mode||Online (day) via virtual training room|
Online Responsible Service of Alcohol
In this course you will learn the skills to identify and prevent intoxication, strategies to deal with people under the influence and much more. Combining an online module, video tutorials and instructor led video conference training with our industry expert, completing your RSA course gives you a step-up in the Hospitality and Retail industries.
What will you learn?
- Learn strategies to identify & prevent intoxication
- Understand the laws & penalties associated with serving alcohol
- Strategies to prevent underage drinking
- Blood alcohol concentration (BAC) levels – How it’s measured and what can affect it
- Rules and regulations when serving alcohol in Victoria
|9.30am – 10:00am||Online registration – Links to the webinar and genU Training Online LMS will be emailed to registered students prior to course commencement.|
|10:00am – 12:00pm||Real time instructor led training session via video conference|
|12:00pm – 12:30pm||Break|
|12:30pm – 2:00pm||Real time instructor led training session via video conference|
|2:00pm – 3:00pm||Complete online eLearning activities and view demonstrations via Learning Management System|
|Assessment will include an online multiple choice quiz on completion of the training.|
Victorian participants who successfully complete the Responsible Service of Alcohol, will be presented with a Certificate of Completion issued by the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation.
Please note this RSA certificate is only valid in the state of Victoria. You need to complete an RSA refresher course every three years to maintain your training requirements.
When you study with genU Training, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledge and skills to achieve your chosen course. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- A person under the age of 18 can complete an approved RSA training course but must wait until they turn 18 to use it
- Current Photo ID (eg: Drivers license, Keypass ID card, Passport)
During your study, you will need to meet specific requirements that are necessary for you to complete your course work and be successful:
1. Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Students will need to demonstrate that they have the appropriate language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills
2. Your workstation
Make sure you have a suitable area to complete your training
e.g. Desk/table, comfortable chair, no tripping hazards and room to move around for assessment.
Make sure you’ve got access to water/tea/coffee (you will also get a lunch break)
3. Your setup
Your training can be completed anywhere you have access to data/Wifi on a Desktop Computer, Laptop, Tablet or Mobile Phone.
You will need to download & have access to Zoom (video conference software) prior to your training, this will allow you to login to your ‘live’ training sessions, you can do this by searching Zoom in:
- App Store on your IPhone/IPad/MacBook
- Google Play on your Android phone/tablet
- Copy & Paste the following link on your laptop or desktop computer web browser: https://zoom.us/download
Please note: You will need access to turn your Camera and Microphone on as required when using video conference
You must complete your online enrolment to gain access to the Learning Management System (LMS) online learning login details
What you will get from us
An email from us 24 hours prior to your training, this email will include:
- A link for you to click on that will automatically open your Zoom app and take you to your ‘live’ training session on the day of your training. Please ensure you click this link 10 minutes prior to your training start time
- Instructions of how to login to the LMS to complete your online learning activities and view demonstrations
Victorian residents can access this course via our full fee for service rate.
|Fee For Service|
|$AUD 75.00 (per person)|
* Course costs may vary subject to location and equipment requirements
There may also be other charges such as material or amenities fees. A genU Training staff member will assist you in determining your course fees and a statement of fees detailing all course charges will be provided prior to enrolment.
For full details of genU Training’s course fees please view our Fees & Charges page.
genU Training offer Online Responsible Service of Alcohol, in the following format:
Virtual Training Room (day) – Study in real time online with instructor-led sessions via video conferencing, supplemented with guided activities via the Learning Management System (eLearning)
1 day (9:30am – 3:00pm)
Time zones: Local state time zones are observed
Not the course you were looking for?
We understand that this may not be the course for you.
So take a look at the other industry leading courses that we have on offer across a wide range of industries all across Australia.View other Hospitality courses