|Course Length||2 days (11:00am - 3:45pm AEST/AEDT)|
|Study Mode||Online (day) via virtual training room|
Online Cleaning Industry Ready
Cleaning Services Ready is a 2 day on-line cleaning course designed to provide you with the skills and knowledge to competently navigate your way through the modern cleaning ,hygiene and infection control environment. With a focus on clinical cleaning, COVID-19, hygiene and infection control this course will make you aware of current health & safety hazards, safeguards and the correct processes for eliminating risk. Combining an online module, video tutorials, zoom and phone support from our office, Cleaning Services Ready gives you a fast-tracked step-up in applying for cleaning and related sector employment.
This course includes non-accredited content with the addition of the following nationally accredited unit(s):
- HLTHSS003 – Perform general cleaning tasks in a clinical setting
What will you learn?
- Orientation to the cleaning and health services industry
- Use personal protective equipment in accordance with workplace requirements
- Ensure surfaces and areas are regularly cleaned in accordance with the organisation established cleaning
schedules and routines
- COVID 19 Awareness
- Develop answers to common industry interview questions
- Refresh Workplace Health and Safety knowledge for the cleaning industry
|Day 1 (AEST/AEDT)||Session|
|11:00am – 1:30pm||Real time instructor led training session via video conference|
|1: 30pm – 2:00pm||Break|
|2:00pm – 3:00pm||Complete online eLearning activities and view demonstrations via Learning Management System|
|3:00pm – 3:45pm||Real time instructor led training session via video conference, answer multiple choice questions with trainer|
|Day 2 (AEST/AEDT)||Session|
|Allotted||Assessment activities via video conference – your assessment time will be provided on Day 1.|
Digital Badge – Online Cleaning Industry Ready
Upon successful completion, you will earn a recognised Training U For Work micro credential which is a great addition to your resume and can be verified by an employer anywhere, any time!
Upon successful completion, and a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment will be issued for the following units of competency:
- HLTHSS003 – Perform general cleaning tasks in a clinical setting
You will be assessed through out the training sessions, and will be required to demonstrate the knowledge and skills to gain competency over three assessments:
- A short multiple choice quiz
- A practical task based completed via video conference
- A short set of questions asked over video conference by your trainer 1:1
When you study with genU Training, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledge and skills to achieve your chosen course. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
There are no entry requirements for this course. You can apply for this course now.
During your study, you will need to meet specific requirements that are necessary for you to complete your course work and be successful:
1. Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Students will need to demonstrate that they have the appropriate language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills
2. Your time / equipment
The Online Cleaning Industry Ready course is a two day commitment. Please ensure you allow time for yourself to be available for each day.
Equipment you will need includes:
- Please use a pen/texta to write on a piece of paper CLEANING: DO NOT ENTER (This will act as your sign to warn people you are cleaning)
- Pen or Pencil (This will represent an insulin needle, the writing end will represent the sharp end of the needle)
- Plate, Knife & Fork
- Rubber Gloves
- Paper towel
- Rubbish bag
- Empty water bottle, Milk bottle, Coke bottle (This will represent a sharps disposal container)
- Band-Aid (Or a piece of paper that can act as a Band-Aid)
- Cleaning cloth (From the kitchen)
- Disinfectant wipes or premixed disinfectant in a spray bottle or bucket
- Water and detergent for the sink or a dishwasher (You will need to put your knife, fork and plate in here)
3. Your agreement
Please note this training will be recorded for video assessment evidence
4. Your workstation
Make sure you have a suitable area to complete your training, e.g. Desk/table, comfortable chair, no tripping hazards and room to move around for assessment.
The training goes for 5 approx hours so please make sure you’ve got access to water/tea/coffee (you will also get a lunch break)
5. Your setup
Your training can be completed anywhere you have access to data/Wifi on a Desktop Computer, Laptop, Tablet or Mobile Phone. You will need to download & have access to Zoom (video conference software) prior to your training, this will allow you to login to your ‘live’ training sessions, you can do this by searching Zoom in:
- App Store on your IPhone/IPad/MacBook
- Google Play on your Android phone/tablet
- Copy & Paste the following link on your laptop or desktop computer web browser: https://zoom.us/download
Please note: You will need access to turn your Camera and Microphone on as required when using video conference
You must complete your online enrolment to gain access to the Learning Management System (LMS) online learning login details
What you will get from us
An email from us 24 hours prior to your training, this email will include:
- A link for you to click on that will automatically open your Zoom app and take you to your ‘live’ training session on the day of your training. Please ensure you click this link 10 minutes prior to your training start time
- Instructions of how to login to the LMS to complete your online learning activities and view demonstrations
Australian residents can access this course via our full fee for service rate.
|Fee For Service|
|$AUD 650.00 (per person)|
* Course costs may vary subject to location and equipment requirements
There may also be other charges such as material or amenities fees. A genU Training staff member will assist you in determining your course fees and a statement of fees detailing all course charges will be provided prior to enrolment.
For full details of genU Training’s course fees please view our Fees & Charges page.
genU Training offer Online Cleaning Industry Ready, in the following format:
Virtual Training Room – Study in real time online with instructor-led sessions via video conferencing, supplemented with guided activities via the Learning Management System (eLearning)
2 consecutive days (11:00am – 3:45pm AEST/AEDT)
Not the course you were looking for?
We understand that this may not be the course for you.
So take a look at the other industry leading courses that we have on offer across a wide range of industries all across Australia.View other SMAR Industry Courses courses