|Course Title||ACFE - I have confidence in me|
|Course Length||4 days|
|Study Mode||On-campus (day) or virtual training room (day)|
Be your best self
Sometimes we all need a little push in the right direction to reach for our goals. Landing meaningful work or taking on study is about more than just skills and experience, it means believing in yourself and having the confidence to be your best. This pre-accredited course is designed to help.
What will you learn?
Whether you’re returning to the workforce or undertaking study, genU Training can help build the confidence you need to take on the world. Over four days, our experienced educators work on developing your self-assurance.
You’ll be equipped with basic tools to develop and enhance your confidence to get you ready to enter the job market or take on further study.
During this course, you will:
- Explore the principles of the GROW model (Goals/Reality/Options/Way forward)
- Explore and apply the SMART goal setting model (Specific/Measurable/Achievable/Realistic/Timely)
- Reflect upon values and beliefs
- Learn about the benefits of positive body language
- Practice speaking in a group
- Understand and apply effective interview skills
When you study with genU Training, we want you to succeed. Entry requirements allow us to make sure that you have the right pre-existing knowledge and skills to achieve your goal. You will need to provide evidence that you meet the requirements listed in this section.
- Must be:
- an Australian Citizen; or
- a holder of an Australian permanent visa; or
- a New Zealand citizen; and
- not enrolled in a secondary school.
- Limited to Victorian residents living in the following local government areas:
- Greater Geelong City Council – Victoria
- Wyndham City Council – Victoria
- Ballarat City Council – Victoria
- Present a current and valid green Medicare card on the first day of training
During your study, you will need to meet specific requirements that are necessary for you to complete your course work and be successful:
- Students will need to demonstrate that they have the appropriate language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills
- Access to digital technologies (e.g. laptop, desktop, tablet-computer and/or smartphone) with basic digital literacy skills.
Students undertaking a blended and/or online virtual training will require the additional digital skills and technologies:
Digital literacy skills – Intermediate computer skills such as internet browsing, email, word processing, and presentation software
- Stable internet connection with suitable data plan
- A laptop, desktop or a full size tablet / tablet-computer
- Web camera / microphone
- Smartphone with charger
- Earphones / headphones / speakers
- Printer (optional)
- Have a quiet / non-interruptive space to complete their studies
- Desk/table, comfortable chair, no tripping hazards and room to move around for assessment
- Access to water/tea/coffee
Browser software – Access to one of the following internet browsers, available to download from:
Video conferencing software (Zoom) – Access to video conferencing software (Zoom), available to download from:
Please note: You will need access to turn your Web camera and microphone on, as required when using video conference
This course is delivered with ACFE (Adults, Community and Further Education) funding and is free to eligible individuals.
genU Training acknowledges the support of the Victorian Government.
For full details of genU Training’s course fees please view our Fees & Charges page.
genU Training offer “I have confidence in me” in a variety of study modes and times:
On-campus (day) – Study face to face (in a classroom setting)
2 days per week over 2 weeks (9:30am – 4pm) – Werribee Campus
Virtual Training Room (day) – Study in real time online with instructor-led sessions via video conferencing.
2 days per week over 2 weeks (9:30am – 4pm) – Corio Campus
Not the course you were looking for?
We understand that this may not be the course for you.
So take a look at the other industry leading courses that we have on offer across a wide range of industries all across Australia.View other Short Courses courses