Horticulture and Nursery Industry Ready
|Course Length||3 Days|
Looking to gain entry into the horticulture sector? genU Training has developed the Horticulture and Nursery Industry Ready course for you! Our tailored training will ensure you develop the required skills and knowledge to enter this thriving industry. You will gain confidence, health and safety knowledge, learn to contribute and respond to hazard assessments and develop new workplace techniques along the way.
Online registration must be completed prior to the course commencement by clicking the ‘apply’ link below.
Links to the webinar and genU Training Online LMS will be emailed to registered participants prior to course commencement.
Days 1 & 2
10:00am – 12:30pm Zoom with ‘live’ trainer
12: 30pm – 1:00pm Break
1:00pm – 3:30pm Zoom with ‘live’ trainer
9:30am – 3:00pm Onsite practical assessment
Skills you will develop
- Orientation to the horticulture industry
- Refresh Workplace Health and Safety knowledge for the horticulture industry
- Use personal protective equipment in accordance with workplace requirements
- Recognise and respond to risks & hazards in the horticulture industry
- Manual Handling Awareness
- Following chemical safety and seedling re-potting procedures
Upon successful completion, a certificate of participation and a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment will be issued for the following units of competency:
- BSBWHS201 – Contribute to health and safety of self and others
- FSKRDG10 – Read and respond to routine workplace information
To pass these units, there will be five assessments to complete:
- A practical task, re-potting small plants
- A practical evacuation of your training room
- A real hazard assessment of your environment
- A set of written questions about two different workplace procedures
- A health & safety written quiz
Cost: Prices start from $999
Location: *this training is delivered in an online environment along with a practical on-site assessment day. The location listed is where it is administered from.
To ensure a safe training environment, all social distancing requirements will be enforced within a disinfected venue. Each student will be provided with the appropriate personal protective equipment, and access to hand sanitiser/hand washing facilities.
So, How will it work?
What we need from you
1. The Horticulture and Nursery Industry Ready course is a three day commitment. Please ensure you have prepared yourself to be available each day.
2. Please bring your mobile phone, charger, head phones & lunch.
3. You will need to download & have access to the following App prior to your training, this will allow you to login to your ‘live’ training sessions and complete your activities.
You can do this by searching:
• App Store on your IPhone/IPad/MacBook
• Google Play on your Android phone/tablet
• Copy & Paste the following link on your laptop or desktop computer web browser: https://zoom.us/download
3. You must complete your online enrolment to gain access to your LMS online learning login details.
What you will get from us
An email from us 24 hours prior to your training, this email will include:
• A link for you to click on that will automatically open your Zoom app and take you to your ‘live’ training session on the day of your training. Please ensure you click this link 10 minutes prior to your training start time
• Instructions of how to login to the LMS to complete your online learning activities and view demonstrations.
If you have any questions or need assistance please contact us on 0477 026 638 or email us at email@example.com
|For information about upcoming courses in your area, please register your interest below|