The Digital Literacy Essentials Microcredential assists you with hands-on experience using a variety of devices such as desktops, laptops, notebooks and tablets, we will support you to confidently use each device for study or work purposes. genU Training will supply laptops with internet access, and patiently step you through operating basic computer software packages along with teaching you to navigate your way around the internet. You will also be assisted to set up an email account and explore job searching websites, helping you to secure employment opportunities in the future.
This course will equip jobseekers with the experience and necessary skills to use computers for study or in the workplace, in just four days!
What will you learn?
- Ensuring your workplace equipment and desk is correctly set up
- Basic computer use, mouse use, keyboard use and keyboard functions
- Identifying icons and correct applications-Follow and interpret basic instructions to access and use digital technology
- Accessing, navigating, and utilising email account platforms
- Conduct research and job search using the internet browser
- Utilising and navigating commonly used programs and websites (Word, Excel and myGov etc.)
- Learn basic skills in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint-Develop basic skills in social media platforms
On-campus (day) – Study face to face (in a classroom setting)
4 consecutive days (9.30am – 4.00pm)
|Fee For Service|
|$AUD 800.00 (per person)|
For full details of genU Training’s course fees please view our Fees & Charges page.