What is JobTrainer?
The Victorian Government has partnered with the Commonwealth Government to jointly invest up to $260 million under the JobTrainer Fund to increase access to training for thousands of Victorians who have been most impacted by the Coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
JobTrainer is available to eligible Victorians in a wide range of industries identified as having genuine skill needs and employment growth, such as health, construction, agriculture, community services, food processing, financial services, logistics and beauty services.
Eligible students are able to access free or low fee (concession) qualifications and free short accredited courses (skill sets) in key industries and occupations.
Even if you have studied before, you will also be able to access either a free of fee (fee waivered) skill set or low fee (fee concession) qualification. You can access up to one full qualification and one short course or skill set under the JobTrainer fund.
genU Training is offering free or low fee training arrangements for these courses:
Qualifications – fee concession
Skill Sets – fee waiver
- CHCSS00070 Assist Clients with Medication Skill Set
- CHCSS00088 Induction
JobTrainer eligibility (free or low fee training)
You are eligible to participate under JobTrainer if you are:
- an Australian citizen, permanent resident, New Zealand citizen or asylum seeker, and
- 17 to 24 years old when the course starts; or
- A Job seeker of any age, where a job seeker is defined as a person who:
- holds a valid and current Health Care Card, Pensioner Concession Card or Veteran’s Gold Card; or