Funding eligibility - Victoria | genU TraininggenU Training Funding eligibility - Victoria | genU Training

Victorian funding eligibility


Funded enrolment eligibility

You may be eligible for government subsidised training in the State of Victoria under the Skills First Program if you are:

  • an Australian citizen; or
  • an Australian permanent resident (or holder of a permanent visa); or
  • a New Zealand citizen; and
  • be physically present in the State of Victoria at all times at which they are undertaking the training and assessment;

and are any of the following:

  • under 20 years-old
  • wanting to enrol in a Foundation Skills course and do not hold a diploma level or higher qualification, or are receiving core skills training in other sectors
  • wanting to enrol in an apprenticeship
  • 20 years or older and wanting to upskill by enrolling in a course at a higher level than your current qualification.

You can check your eligibility via the Victorian Skills Gateway Eligibility Indicator


Standard tuition fee

Eligible Victorian residents may be entitled to the Standard tuition fee, if they meet the funded enrolment eligibility above.


Concession tuition fee

Eligible Victorian residents may be entitled to the concession tuition fee, if they hold a current and valid Commonwealth Government concession card:

  • Health Care Card issued by the Commonwealth,
  • Pensioner Concession Card or
  • Veteran’s Gold Card

Proof of concession is required. Students must also meet the funded enrolment eligibility criteria set above.

Indigenous learners can access Concession rates at any level (with or without concession card).


JobTrainer tuition fee

You can check your JobTrainer eligibility via the JobTrainer page


Fee For Service tuition fee (not funded)

Australian permanent residents who do not qualify for a Victorian and Commonwealth Government funded enrolment; can access genU Training courses via our full fee for service rate.


Have a question? Whatever it is, we are here to help!

One of our expert consultants will give you the information you need to get where you want to be.

Make an enquiry