South Australian funding eligibility
Funded enrolment eligibility
You may be eligible for government-subsidised training in South Australia based on your employment status and any training you have already completed.
You may be eligible for subsidised training if you live or work in South Australia, and are:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen
- a permanent Australian resident; or
- the holder of a State sponsored visa on a pathway to permanent residency; or
- the holder of a humanitarian temporary visa of a class specified by the Minister from time to time;
and are any of the following:
- aged 16 years or over, and not enrolled in school; or
- enrolled in school, undertaking training through identified subsidised arrangements (such as VET for School Students),and
- in Year 10 or above, and undertaking training as anapprentice or trainee through a Training Contract thatcombines VET and school-based curriculum(including SACE); or
- in Year 11 or above, aged 16 years or over or turning 16 in the current year of enrolment, undertaking fulltime SACE or equivalent, and have completed a relevant preparatory VET Pathway.
You can check your eligibility via the South Australian Eligibility Indicator
Standard tuition fee
Eligible South Australian residents may be entitled to the subsidised training standard tuition fee, if they meet the funded enrolment eligibility above.
Concession tuition fee
Eligible South Australian residents may be entitled to the subsidised training concession tuition fee, under the following concession categories:
- Participant is not employed and not enrolled in a secondary school; or
- Participant is aged 16 to 24 years old and not enrolled in a secondary school; or
- Participant is a prisoner in a South Australian correctional institution; or
- Holds a current Commonwealth concession card:
- Health Care Card; or
- Pensioner Concession Card; or
- Veteran Affairs Concession Card.
NB: Proof of concession is required. Students must also meet the funded enrolment eligibility criteria set above.
Fee For Service tuition fee (not funded)
Australian permanent residents who do not qualify for the South Australian and Commonwealth Government funded enrolment; can access genU Training courses via our full fee for service rate.